Dane is a product development and regulatory affairs consultant for the health industry, focusing on nutraceuticals, listed/complementary medicines, foods and cosmetics.
After completing a degree in Naturopathy at Southern Cross University, Dane went on to complete his Honours degree at Southern Cross Plant Science. He was later employed as a research scientist there to investigate the wound healing potential of Australian native plants. He has co-authored a number of academic journals on this research and feels extremely grateful to have been taught and mentored by highly respected experts and professionals in the field.
With extensive professional experience and a proven track record as a regulatory affairs and product development consultant, scientific advisor, scientific researcher and educator, Dane has a broad perspective of the intricacies and nuances that make the listed/complementary medicines, foods and cosmetics industry what it is today.
Most recently, through his business, Atomic Regs Pty Ltd, he serves a niche audience with a central focus on helping companies make memorable and meaningful health products that tell a unique story and comply with the regulations.
From ideation through to the research, regulation and marketing of health products, Dane has a thorough understanding of the whole product journey and enjoys helping clients get unstuck and get excited about creating something special.
Dane stands for ethical conduct, sustainability, traceability and true scientific innovation. He is passionate about the health and wellness industry, but more so, about developing products that actually work.
Connect with Dane on LinkedIn ↓
- Banbury, L. K., Shou, Q., Renshaw, D. E., Lambley, E. H., Griesser, H. J., Mon, H., & Wohlmuth, H. (2015). Compounds from Geijera parviflora with prostaglandin E 2 inhibitory activity may explain its traditional use for pain relief. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 163, 251-255.
- Naz, T., Packer, J., Yin, P., Brophy, J. J., Wohlmuth, H., Renshaw, D. E., . . .Jamie, J. F. (2015). Bioactivity and chemical characterisation of Lophostemon suaveolens–an endemic Australian Aboriginal traditional medicinal plant. Natural Product Research, 30(6), 693-696.
- Shou, Q., Banbury, L., Renshaw, D., He, X., Griesser, H., Heinrich, M., & Wohlmuth, H. (2013). Parvifloranine A and B, two 11-Carbon alkaloids from Geijera parviflora. Journal of Natural Products, 76(7), 1384-1387.
- Shou, Q., Banbury, L. K., Maccarone, A. T., Renshaw, D. E., Mon, H., Griesser, S., . . . Wohlmuth, H. (2014). Antibacterial anthranilic acid derivatives from Geijera parviflora. Fitoterapia, 93, 62-66.
- Shou, Q., Banbury, L. K., Renshaw, D. E., Lambley, E. H., Mon, H., Macfarlane, G. A., . . . Wohlmuth, H. (2012). Biologically active dibenzofurans from Pilidiostigma glabrum, an endemic Australian Myrtaceae. Journal of Natural Products, 75(9), 1612-1617.
- Shou, Q., Sun, H., Banbury, L. K., Lambley, E. H., Renshaw, D. E., Griesinger, C., . . . Wohlmuth, H. (2013). Pilidiostigmin, a novel bioactive dimeric acylphloroglucinol derivative isolated from Pilidiostigma glabrum. Tetrahedron Letters, 54(14), 1853-1856.
- Renshaw, D.E., (2011). Investigation into the wound healing potential of Australian native plants. (Unpublished Honours Thesis) Southern Cross University, Lismore, Australia.
Dane is available to speak at conferences and industry events on a range of topics including natural health, the health product development process, raw material selection, marketing health products, health product business strategy, regulatory affairs and more.
Below are public speaking engagements, past and future, at external organisations. For upcoming workshops and events run by Atomic Regs, please visit our Training & Education page.
- APRIL 2013. Australian native plants for wound healing. 8th International Conference on Herbal Medicine (run by Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA)).
AUGUST 2020. Critiquing medicines: From seed to shelf (with Dawn Whitten). Australian Naturopathic Summit (ANS).Event cancelled due to coronavirus AUGUST 2020. Panel discussion: Professional career paths in the natural medicine industry. Australian Naturopathic Summit (ANS).Event cancelled due to coronavirus